Mass Literacy Workshop Series: Intro to Twitter and Facebook for GoodBack to Events Home » « Back to Events
In this free Mass Literacy workshop, you will create a Twitter account and Facebook Page or Group and learn how to use them both positively and usefully. Participants should bring their own computers and will work in a workshop setting to create their accounts. This course is the first in a series of summer technology workshops led by teacher and global education blogger Lillie Marshall at the Boston Herald. Also included is a dessert tasting where you’ll sample treats from the best bakeries in Boston!
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify three concrete ways social media can help your organization
- Set up a Twitter account and practice three key “moves” in Twitter
- Distinguish a Facebook Page and Facebook Group and set up the one which best matches your organization’s aim
- Identify three best practices of Facebook use for an organization
- Memorize the key ways to stay safe and professional online
This workshop is free and space is extremely limited. Registration is open to members of Mass Literacy only. Not a member yet? Join here.
To register, email email@example.com and include the following information:
- Your name
- Workshop name
- Your professional title/organization
- Your Mass Literacy user name
- A telephone number
Check out our second event in this series on July 22 titled Leveraging Social Media for your Organization.