Mass Literacy Champions
The Mass Literacy Champions Awards Program recognizes and supports outstanding literacy providers, their practices and their programs.
Apply now for the Mass Literacy Champions Awards
Deadline October 31, 2017
Mass Literacy is currently calling for nominations for the 2018 Mass Literacy Champion Awards. The program recognizes and rewards outstanding Massachusetts literacy providers who have made significant contributions to literacy education. Applications will be accepted through October 31, 2017. Winners will be announced in December 2017.
Up to five award recipients will be selected. Each recipient will receive:
- A $1000 grant for program development
- A professionally produced video to promote their organization valued at $1000
- Statewide recognition as a Mass Literacy Champion
- Visibility and recognition in the media
- Publishing opportunities
- The opportunity to serve as an adviser to Mass Literacy
About the Mass Literacy Champions Awards
The Mass Literacy Champions Awards program was created in 2002 by Mass Literacy to identify, publicly recognize and support individuals who have shown exceptional commitment and results through their work in literacy education. The Champions represent the entire state of Massachusetts and the many fields of literacy education. Each has shown exceptional commitment and results through their work. 76 Mass Literacy Champions have been recognized since 2003, and together they represent the diverse literacy community that makes Massachusetts a national leader in education.
What we look for in a Champion:
A Mass Literacy Champion is ….
- a professional practitioner currently active in the literacy education field in Massachusetts
- someone currently involved in the creation and implementation of unique and promising literacy practices
- someone who has made a significant contribution in any of the many areas of literacy education
- someone who is innovative and creative in their field
- someone with outstanding leadership qualities
- someone willing to share their best practices and work with their peers throughout the state
- someone willing to serve as an adviser to Mass Literacy
Learn more about our 2016 Mass Literacy Champions and watch their video profiles here.