AVANCE Parent-Child Education Program Setup Grant – $50,000
Application deadline: October 15, 2012. AVANCE is seeking to partner with four (4) organizations from across the United States that serve low-income, high need Hispanic communities in order to expand its “Parent-Child Education Program” (PCEP) nationwide. Selected organizations will receive a one time payment of $50,000 for initial setup costs associated with implementing the program.
Current Funding Opportunity:
AVANCE is a parenting and early childhood education program that provides education and family support services to predominantly Hispanic families in low-income, at-risk communities. In 2010, AVANCE created the “Unlocking America’s Potential Project” (UAPP) to expand its evidence-based “Parent-Child Education Program” (PCEP) by re-granting funds from a $12.6 million grant from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation to partners across the United States. Four (4) organizations will be selected in 2013 to receive a one time payment of $50,000 to help with initial setup costs associated with implementing the PCEP program. Additional benefits include the complete AVANCE curriculum both in English and Spanish, intensive training of staff to deliver the PCEP (2-3 weeks), technical and program support, and 2 monitoring sessions/evaluations to provide guidance and ensure fidelity to the AVANCE model.
- The current Request for Proposal (RFP) pertains exclusively to the re-granting of funds to qualified organizations serving a low-income, high-need Hispanic community.
- Applicant must be 501(c)3 nonprofit that is able to serve a minimum of 25 families and meet specific insurance requirements.
- Selected partners must commit to continuing the AVANCE program for 2 following years as a licensee. Beyond the first year, the cost to continue the program would be no more than $20,000 per year.
- Partner organizations will be selected based on their alignment with AVANCE’s mission, organizational structure, accreditation and evidence of impact within their communities among other criteria.
- Partners must agree to implement the AVANCE model in its entirety. No modification or integration with another program is allowed as the PCEP curriculum is copyrighted.
- Proposals must be received by email only in PDF format no later than 5:00 PM CST, October 15, 2012 at UAPPRFP@avance.org.
- Amistades, Inc. in Tucson, AZ
- Easter Seals Goodwill Industries in New Haven, CT
- The Family Place in Washington, D.C.