RGK Foundation Education Grants – $2,500 to $100,000+
Application deadline: Letters of Inquiry (LOI) may be submitted at any time. Applications are by invitation only. The RGK foundation supports educational programs that focus on formal K-12 education (particularly reading, science and mathematics), teacher development, literacy, and higher education.
Current Funding Opportunities
- RGK Foundation is an independent foundation established in 1966 by Ronya and George Kozmetsky. The Foundation awards grants in the broad areas of Education, Community, and Health/Medicine.
- There are no geographic restrictions to the Foundation’s grantmaking program.
- Grants are made only to nonprofit organizations certified as tax exempt under Sections 501(c)(3) or 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code and are classified as “not a private foundation” under Section 509(a).
- The average grant is $25,000. Grant requests exceeding $100,000 are reviewed by a Grants Committee.
- All applicants must complete an electronic Letter of Inquiry from the Web site as the first step. This is done by clicking on a link located at the bottom of the grant guidelines page. RGK Foundation will entertain only one electronic LOI per organization in a twelve-month period.
- An electronic Letter of Inquiry (LOI) may be submitted at any time. The Grants Committee generally meets four times a year: in March, June, September and December
- My Very Own Book (Allen, TX) Support to expand the reading incentive program to serve at least six low-income elementary schools during the 2011-2012 school year. Award Amount: $5,000
- Mothers’ Club Community Center (Pasadena, CA): Support for the Family Literacy Program. Award Amount: $30,000